Family Crime Prevention Trade Show 2017
Alberta RCMP releases documentary to recognize RCMP efforts during Fort McMurray forest fire
"Nature of the Beast" Video
Olds Crime Watch Update
November 5, 2016
Alberta Provincial Rural Crime Watch
Zone 2 Minutes
October 14, 2017
April 8, 2017
October 17 2015
October 25, 2014
Alberta Provincial Rural Crime Watch Newsletters
Petro-Canada's Fall 2014 Road Report
Events and News
Upcoming Meetings | Newsletters | History
Upcoming Events & Meetings
Unless stated otherwise, all ORCW meetings are held at 7:30 pm at the Mountain View County office on the last Wednesday of every other month.
Unless stated otherwise, all Olds Community Policing meetings are held at 7 pm in the Town of Olds Council Chambers.
- Rural Crime Watch Meetings
- Security at Santa Claus Parade: November 25 - Olds Regional Exhibition has asked Rural Crime Watch Volunteers to act as Crossing Guards for the Parade
- Arrive at 4pm to deliver barricades to areas identified on map shown here
- Parade stars at 5pm and will wrap up by 6:30pm at the absolute latest
- Pick-up barricades on trailer and deliver to ORE
- Troy Aiken 403.586.2248 will be the ORE contact onsite
- Legislature Presentation - On Monday, November 27 from 1 - 3 pm, the Raven Crimewatch will be presenting to the Alberta Legislative Assembly regarding rural crime. A huge block of seats have been reserved in the legislature gallery, and they ask friends and family, and other Rural Crime Watch members, to attend. Letters to Minister of Justice and Solicitor General Kathleen Ganley are also requested, with information provided in this Background Letter. As noted, buses from either Red Deer and/or Innisfail, will be available.
- NOV 18 UPDATE: BUS BOOKED! - Red Deer County is providing bus transportation to the Edmonton Legislature for Nov 27. The buses will be leaving from the Crossroads church in Red Deer. This is the church next to the Red Deer County office on 32nd street (C&E Trail) in Red Deer. The buses will leave for Edmonton at 10:30 a.m. Please be assured that there is NO COST to us for this event. Details here
- Next Meeting: November 29 - Agenda
- Guest Speaker: Kathleen Windsor regarding an ORCW Facebook page.
- Intrusion detection systems for fence lines and the benefits of CCTV and Perimeter Security Web based over view.
- Please join us to discuss current crime trends and discuss solutions.
- Everyone is welcome and memberships will be available.
- 2017 Meeting Dates: November 29
2018 Meeting Dates: January 31, March 28 (AGM), May 30, July 25, September 26, November 28
Olds & District Community Policing Society Meeting Minutes
- November 22
- September 27
- June 28, 2016
- May 24, 2016
- March 22, 2016
- January 26, 2016
- November 24, 2015
- September 22, 2015
- May 26, 2015 AGM
- March 24, 2015
- January 27, 2015
- November 25, 2014
- September 23, 2014
- May 27, 2014
- March 25, 2014
- January 28, 2014
- November 26, 2013
- September 24, 2013
- May 28, 2013 (AGM)
- March 26, 2013
- January 22, 2013
- December 4, 2012
- October 16, 2012
- May 22, 2012
- March 27, 2012
- January 24, 2012
- November 22, 2011
- May 24, 2011
- March 12, 2011 (Planning Workshop)
- Fall 2012
Rural Crime Watch provides resources and reports occurrences of suspicious or unlawful activities to local RCMP, Fish & Wildlife officers, and other law enforcement agencies.
- The Olds Rural Crime Watch Association incorporated in 1981.
- Was also known as Range Patrol
- First President: Garrett Funkhauser
- First Secretary-Treasurer: Pat James
- Was started to ward off fuel, livestock, grain and tool thefts from farms and equipment and other criminal activity